As if you need it, here are the basics again:
WHAT IS GBYS? : The Great Brookland Yard Sale is a set date for Brookland residents to host concurrent yard sales. Once again this year, the GBYS is organized by the Brookland Neighborhood Civic Association (BNCA).
WHEN IS IT? : Saturday May 12th from 10:00 AM until 2:00PM (individual yard sale times can vary)
RAIN DATE : Sunday May 13th
WHERE IS IT? : All over the neighborhood, in individual seller’s yards!. Please see the map for individual addresses and information.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE INFO ? : Check out http://brooklandcivic.org/gbys-2012/ for general information. http://brooklandblog.blogspot.com/ and http://brooklandavenue.com/blog/?tag=gbys-2012 for more real time information and posts about the GBYS
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR IF I WOULD LIKE TO ADD A YARD SALE? : Send an email to BrooklandCivic@yahoo.com
WHAT ARE MY DINING OPTIONS?:
- PORC Food Truck will be parked at First Time Computers (12th and Irving NE)
- Guildfield Missionary Baptist Church: Home-Made Fried Fish, Fried Chicken, French Fries, Hot Dogs, Cheeseburgers, Sodas, Juices and Water, Fresh-Baked Cakes and Pies
- Jamilyaa’s Gourment Tacos and Gourmet grilled Hot Dogs (at St Anthony Catholic School Spring Market)
HOW MANY YARD SALES WILL THERE BE? HOW CAN I MAXIMIZE MY TIME?: Over 75 yard sales! Wow! Check out the map to the left of this post OR pick up a printed map at the corner of 12th and Newton and make a plan. Many of the yard sales have descriptions of what they are selling.
ANY OTHER HIGHLIGHTS?: Why yes!
- Chocolate City Beer, Growler (beer) sales, sellers and possible food truck 12:30 - 4:30
- St Anthony Catholic School Spring Market, multiple sellers/food: 9:30AM-2:30PM
- Greater Brookland Garden Club Plant Sale: 12th and Newton Streets 10AM-4PM
- Guildfield Missionary Baptist Church, multiple sellers/food: Market in Parking lot 8AM-4PM
- DC’s Different Drummers – a non-profit community band. an assortment of items – Computer table, electric lawn mower, household and office items, collectibles and old sheet music too.
- Brookland History Book Sale and Signing: 1pm – 3pm
- Dance Place 3500 12th Street NE (12th and Monroe) Vintage & Collectible Shop Clearance. Lots Of Treasures 12pm – 5pm
- House Studio DC
- Excel Movement Studios
- Brookland Artspace Lofts, Group of multi disciplined artists displaying & selling their work.
And much, much more. See you then!