- GBYS Map Pick-up 12th and Newton Streets
- Greater Brookland Garden Club 12th and Newton Streets 10AM-4PM
5th Annual Plant Sale (Annuals, Perennials, Natives, Vegetables, Herbs, and Tropicals)
For more info, please contact: (202) 526-4120
- Dance Place 3500 12th Street NE (12th and Monroe) 12pm – 5pm
Dance Place will be utilizing 3500 12th Street, NE for the entire month of May as a location to promote Dance Place events and to hold a community yardsale to benefit our free programs and scholarships.
- Guildfield Missionary Baptist Church 1023 Otis Street, NE, Church Parking Lot 8am – 4pm
Food For Sale: Home-Made Fried Fish, Fried Chicken, French Fries, Hot Dogs, Cheeseburgers, Sodas, Juices and Water, Fresh-Baked Cakes and Pies
Items for Sale: Plants, Vinyl Records, Imported African Clothing, Avon Products, Tools, and much more. Space and Tables Available: For more information, contact JSutton1055@gmail.com or Bro. Charles at (202) 635-0317.
- Chocolate City Beer Brewery 2801 8th St NE (between N Edgewood St & N Hamlin St)
Beside selling their delicious beer, the Chocolate City Beer Team is offering space in front of the brewery. If you need space to set up your table, come and use the yard space of the brewery. Contact them at http://www.chocolatecitybeer.com/
- DC Different Drummers, 3700 13th Street, NE
We will have items from multiple households so we will have big selection of items.
Our part in the yard sale will benefit DC’s Different Drummers – a non-profit community band.
- Brookland History Book Sale and Signing, 1502 Otis Street NE 1pm – 3pm
Brookland History Book Sale and Signing. Brookland is a vibrant contemporary neighborhood with strong roots in its rich past. Come learn more about it with John J. Feeley, Jr., Brookland native and author of the newly-published book Images of America: Brookland. The book uses archival photographs to tell Brookland’s interesting story. Meet the author and pick up a signed copy here!
Sunday, May 6, 2012
We are less than one week away and the GBYS is gearing up to be the best ever! In addition to the 50+ yard sales, here are some stops along the way you may want to take note of: